Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Easytoassemble...not.

The inside scenes were shot.  The me and the car were in LA.  The outside car scenes were postponed.

I went to Santa Monica, Malibu, Manhattan Beach.  Camping out in the back of the car, I enjoyed some of the good places around LA, researched more work, and waited for the car to be put back on the schedule.

The car ended up going to Orange County to get some bodywork and paint done and I jumped on a plane back to Seattle.  The cherry business was in full swing and I was needed to make it work.

Between driving back and forth to Eastern WA, climbing cherry trees on a mountain side and selling them at Pike Place Market...


I waited for word about the shooting schedule.

During the final week of cherry season I got a email that we were on the schedule again.  This time they wanted me to bring a second car.
My friends and I put in one final day in the orchard, packed the car, and just before we headed out I checked my email.  "We, cancelled the car scenes.  No need to bring the cars.  The check is in the mail."

I was more than disappointed.  I made a call to Illeana.  She told me some of the circumstances happening around the shoot, apologized for the crew members who sank the shoot, and promised to bring the shoot back together.  I flew down to LA picked up my car and again, lived a vagabond life near the shore. making more connections and waiting for the the shoot to come around.  Illeana kept in touch and said she had seen the car near Malibu, that it looked amazing and asked me not to sell it before the shoot. I waited, made phone calls, walked on the beach, swam in the ocean





and waited...

No comments:

Post a Comment